Did you know pumpkins are really healthy? They are a great source of Vit. A and C, as well as fiber and antioxidants. They are good for cholesterol and hearth health. And also boost your mood and help you sleep better.
And when I hear pumpkins, I right away think about those healthy Pumpkin Muffins. They may still have sugar, but trust me, I rather eat my calories than drink them (think Pumpkin Spice lattes). And you can add some nuts to make them even better and more nutritious.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 15oz can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a bowl combine the pumpkin puree, apple juice, coconut oil, eggs and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the rest of the ingredients – flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Stir until everything is incorporated into the batter, do not over mix.
- Place 12 paper liners into each well of a standard size muffin baking pan.
- Pour into the muffin trays. Try to distribute the bather evenly between the 12 muffins. You can use an ice cream scoop if you have one
- Bake your muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. In my oven I usually need 23min.
- Enjoy 🙂