Hello meatlovers, this recipe is for all of you who enjoy a tasty, juicy sausage. It is great for a BBQ or even if you need something fast.
I am using knockwursts, they are big and really yummy, and after you bake them, the juice stays in them. They are the best choice if you want to stuff them with something. In this case, I used blend of different cheeses, but you can experiment. You don’t have to use the same cheese =, I have tried with blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar and now with this Mexican Blend – every time the recipe is a success 🙂
- 5 knockwursts
- 1-2 thin slices of mozzarella cheese
- 5 tbsp blend cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Asadero & Queso Quesadilla cheese)
- cooking spray.
1. Cut a slit down the middle of each sausage for around 3/4 of the length that goes half-way through.
2. Divide the mozzarella in 5 equal slices and stuff each sausage.
3. Press equal amounts of the cheese blend well down into the sausage. Around 1 full tbsp or more (if you really like cheese :))
4. Spray a baking pan with the cooking oil and place the stuffed sausages. Broil on low around 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts and becomes this delicious golden color. You can cook them in a regular oven or a toaster oven.
5. Serve them while hot with a side of baked asparagus and low calorie potato salad