Every time I visit my grandma, the first thing I want her to make is her famous Sweet Mini Peppers Stuffed with Eggs and Feta Cheese. If you like peppers and feta cheese, this will be your new favorite recipe. I know it is mine and my husbands’s for sure. Even my 3-year-old loves these stuffed mini peppers.
I am using sweet mini bell peppers, but you can use Anaheim chili peppers as well. Just remember you will need 1 egg per pepper.
End you don’t need salt. The feta cheese will be enough.
- 2lb Sweet mini peppers
- 9oz Feta cheese
- 7 Eggs
- Black pepper (optional)
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs and pepper until blended. Crumble the feta cheese and add to the eggs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, then add 1-2 tbsp. oil.
- Cook the same way you would do scrambled eggs – 5 to 10 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat when the eggs are almost done. Let them cool down.
- To prepare the peppers cut the top off with a paring knife and scoop out the seeds and veins.
- Using a small spoon (or your fingers) and fill each pepper with the egg and feta cheese cheese mixture.
- Heat another large skillet over medium-high and add 1/4 cup of oil. When the oil is hot enough, place the filled peppers in the skillet.
- Turn on each side until they become golden.
- Place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot or cold, as an appetizer or a main dish.
- Enjoy 🙂