- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots (or 1 big one)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 3-4 tbsp salsa
- 2 oz thin spaghetti
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp summer savory (optional)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- Chop the onion. Cut the baby carrots in small pieces. Heat a soup pot to medium, add the oil, then add the onions once the oil warms. Saute the onions for 3-4 minutes. Add the carrots and cook another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add 2 litter hot water and bring to boil. Cook for another 15 min. Meanwhile chop the potatoes in 1 inch cubes. Add them to the boiling veggies and let them cook for another 15-20 min.
- After the potatoes are almost ready, add the salsa, finely chopped celery. Break the spaghetti in 2-3 inch long pieces and add to the soup. Salt and pepper to taste. If you have summer savory, now is the moment to add it. This is a great spice and probably my favorite one.
- After the potatoes are done and the spaghetti are ready, turn off the heat. Let it cool down for 10min
- Meanwhile, stir together the egg and yogurt. Slowly start adding from the soup to it while you continue stirring the mixture. I usually add a good cup of the how potato soup to the eggs while continuing stirring it. After that, return the eggs, yogurt and soup back in the soup pot while stirring the soup. This will give it some texture and very delicious taste.
This potato soup is light and tasty, far away from the heavy creamy soups we usually have. It is great for the hot summer days. To taste even better, add 1 tsp lemon to each bowl before serving it.